*PLEASE HELP* xp froze during install. Got new disc and its trying to continue instal

Status
Not open for further replies.

clueworm82

Beta member
Good morning all! this is my first thread on here so ill keep it short and sweet. I had to reinstall xp so i stuck the xp disc in and it froze up halfway through the install (Disc had scratches on it). I shut the computer down, bought a new xp disc, but when i put the new one in and boot from cd the pc tries to continue the previous install. Can anyone please help me in trying to kind of cancel that last install and use the new disc to do a fresh restart of the install? i think something may need to be done in BIOS to maybe delete that partition that was created from the bad disc so i can start over?? i dont know im no computer tech, can anyone please help?

Re: *PLEASE HELP* xp froze during install. Got new disc and its trying to continue in

hit the key to boot from cd, so you can delete it

Re: *PLEASE HELP* xp froze during install. Got new disc and its trying to continue in

thank you for your response! i changed the bios settings to boot from cd so it will automatically do it but when i restart and let it do its thing without pressing a button it just tries to continue the previous install attempt. are you saying that when i start up the cpu and it says "boot from cd" i should hit "enter" instead of not pressing anything and that will take me to something where i have some options to delete the partion and start a new one?

are you saying that when i start up the cpu and it says "boot from cd" i should hit "enter" instead of not pressing anything and that will take me to something where i have some options to delete the partion and start a new one?

yes. just hit any key to boot and it will start the whole process over

thank you! ill try that as soon as i get home!

no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom