Please help! Windows shows only background on startup with no icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
I tried everything to see what is wrong.
1. Cannot even go to "safe mode".
2. tried typing "explorer.exe" on new task but it says "cannot be located.
3. tried new task, typed regedit, clicked ok and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current
Version\Image File Execution Options\
but explorer.exe is not located their.

So, I have run out of options. The problem started when I deleted my license key for kaspersky internet security 7.0 because got black listed. After that, it stop protecting my computer form viruses, spyware, etc. So when i shut down my PC after that it gave me the blank background screen with no icons, nothing.

Please help me with what I should do!

Okay first, get legit protection software. AVG, Avast among many others have free versions. There is no reason to pirate.

2nd what version of Windows are you running? XP, Vista or Win7?

I tried everything to see what is wrong.
1. Cannot even go to "safe mode".
2. tried typing "explorer.exe" on new task but it says "cannot be located.
3. tried new task, typed regedit, clicked ok and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current
Version\Image File Execution Options\
but explorer.exe is not located their.

So, I have run out of options. The problem started when I deleted my license key for kaspersky internet security 7.0 because got black listed. After that, it stop protecting my computer form viruses, spyware, etc. So when i shut down my PC after that it gave me the blank background screen with no icons, nothing.

Please help me with what I should do!
System restore will probably be infected as well. In fact that is usually the first thing people suggest turning off.

At this point if you can't get to the desktop and you can't get into safe mode (not sure why you can't get into safe mode) your only option is to do a fresh install (Vista) or do a repair install (XP).

If you have XP repair install would be the easiest because it will keep your programs and files while repairing your current installation. If you have Vista only option may be to reinstall completely.

As others have already said, you really shouldn't be doing SQUAT on the internet without AV protection.

Well, what I can do is go to new task and run "firefox" and it goes to the internet as usual but I still cannot see any icons on the background. So, does any one know what seems to be the problem since it is not a malware, virus.

Well, what I can do is go to new task and run "firefox" and it goes to the internet as usual but I still cannot see any icons on the background. So, does any one know what seems to be the problem since it is not a malware, virus.

Hi guy's,
Iam newbie to tech-forums.

friend your problem sounds like corrupted explore.exe .
is you can browse your files and folders via explore ?
in windows explore handles the destop contents tha is showing taskbar wallpaper and icons...
so if your explore.exe does not start on system startup or not working. you may need reinstall explore.exe

What version of Windows are you running? Is it legit? Cause this certainly sounds like the Black Screen that Vista gives you when you dont input a legit serial.

Listen to Mak, what version of windows are you using and did you input a valid serial key.

Second no one said it WAS NOT a virus so why do you say 'since it is not a malware, virus.' Aside from what mak said I believe it is a virus that may have corrupted your explorer.exe as bas explained.

You need to give us more details. If this is a legit copy of windows then you DO have a virus and you need to repair / reinstall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom