please help urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenn

Baseband Member
im sorry to post this if this has already been discuessed but i am in dire need of help, my system is screwy and im not sure what the problem is, my c:\ is ****ed to the point where i cant boot, i tried using the recovery console because i thought it was a problem with the boot sector, but it turns out its alot more. once i fixed the boot sector problem NTLDR was missing so i copied that from the cd into the c: drive but still it didnt load, NTLDR was missing, so back into the recovery console i go and when i list the files of my C: dirive i get gibberish, while reading websites i see the recovery console is supposed to list my window installs and it doesnt do that. please is there any way i can fix this?!

boot to install cd, press enter to start a new instal, it will search for previous versions of windows, it show your installation (hopefully), at the bottom it'll tell you press R for repair, it'll repair the installation and reboot, pray to the computer gods, update your system again (newest sp, windows update)

this will keep your programs and most, if not all, of your settings.

uh, it didnt see the install just listed my partitions. this cant be good, any more ideas?

i am able to mount my windows partition on my linux partition and all i see on the screen is giberish, i really dont think this is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom