Please help, problem booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3ap3r

Beta member
Last night my computer worked perfectly fine, i turned it on everything was cool. All I did last night was watch a few animations on newgrounds and then I watched a downloaded episode of prison break. I then shut down my computer.

The next morning I go to turn it on and after the login screen is begin to show my desktop However large chunks of the start menu are blue and when I move my mouse over it it turns to an hour glass. I cannot click on any icons on my desktop. In order to fix this problem I can open the task manager, shut down explorer.exe and run it again then everything works, however no startup programs boot. I then proceeded to use msconfig and I turned off every single application and rebooted with still no luck. I just formatted two weeks ago!

Please can someone tell me what could possibly be wrong here.

Boot into safe mode. Run Spyware, malware, and anti-virus. Maybe the show you downloaded and watched wasnt as clean as you thought.

I did that, scan with adaware yeilded no results, AVG nothing, housecall found a few things and cleaned them but didn't fix them problem. Finally I tried spybot search and destroy which found some things and the computer worked for the next 2 reboots! But now the problem is back and a search with spybot is not finding anything. I am so confused.

Try using Windows Defender 2. It sounds as if it is malware more than anything. A squared might also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom