Please help? Missing Operating SYstem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

delsol_ca

Solid State Member
Hey, newbie here... but im crying for help! :(
ok here's what happened:

windows xp on my laptop >
wouldn't let me login out of the blue..
everytime i logged in.. it logged me right out
so i put in my recovery disk and it started to format, i didn't pay attention... it formatted like 2 percent of the drive when i just shut it off...
and now it says missing operating system.. any way i can recover the data or is it all gone to waste?

thanks in advance,

ca

well, it was going to be gone anyway when you tried to reformat, so the only way i would try to fix the situation is to reformat and reinstall windows fully this time and yes, lose all your data. or, you can spend the money to get the data professionally restored, and that's not even a guaranteed thing.

You can recover it with programs like Easy Recovery, but you need a OS to run it, wich means you need to format and install XP.

or

Do a google for a file recovery program for DOS wich runs from a bootable floppy.

delsol_ca said:
Hey, newbie here... but im crying for help! :(
ok here's what happened:

windows xp on my laptop >
wouldn't let me login out of the blue..
everytime i logged in.. it logged me right out
so i put in my recovery disk and it started to format, i didn't pay attention... it formatted like 2 percent of the drive when i just shut it off...
and now it says missing operating system.. any way i can recover the data or is it all gone to waste?

thanks in advance,

ca

bite the bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom