Please Help Me On A Serious Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only things that has the yellow "!" now.

as for what graphic card exactly ... well to be truthful that's a very good question.

About a year ago I got a RAEDON9600 SE, but my friend wanted it and so i sold it to him. He then gave me his graphic card, which i'm using now (NVIDIA GeForce 3)

Only problem is, he doesn't have anything that the graphic card came with so I won't be able to tell you anyting more specific unless ...

... somewhere on the graphic card itself I can find the exact name and model and then I'll be able to tell you.

>>>>>>> EDIT <<<<<<<
I looked at the graphic card and I'm going to type everything that I found on it. Doubt any of it matters though
PNY Technologies inc.
PNY ASSY.NO.
GF364DAGP
Made In China
Valid If Removed
719DVT102000714
VCGF3A64DP13

Please reply with any info at all, and thanks for all the help

hmmmm they don't even admit to making it on there web site, no matter. Double click that line with Nvidia Geforce3 and ! mark, it should have box that say device status, copy and paste that.

Yeah, that was tough... I couldn't find ANY "GeForce 3" drivers. I searched for around 30 min. All I can suggest is going into the Device Manager again, and uninstall the drivers you have now. Then, reboot your computer, and go back into the Device Manager and this time right click the video card, click properties, and click the Drivers tab. Install the drivers by searching on Microsoft and uncheck everything else. That might find suitable drivers. Also, make sure you have the correct Direct X installed. You may have Direct X 9.0, and MAYBE your card cannot support that. Also, install all of the Windows Updates, and make sure your BIOS is up to date.

Ok, I'll try that.

Thanks for everyone that's helped me thus far.

But I think that I might just use this as an excuss to buy me a newer and better graphic card. Unless I can get this to work soon.

Thanks again. I Appritiate it

uhm standard geforce Nvidia drivers should work. Thats what I used for when installing a gefore2 ti about 3 months ago. I remember a long time ago people having problems with installing Nvidia drivers, they were really finiky and needed a specific order to install correctly, or something to that effect.

I looked at the way on NVIDIA's site on how to install my graphic card, and so i'm 90% sure i'm doing it right.

But I'll double check and make sure though after hearing what you said.

thanks

might have been something to do with directx or something. I never had the problem, so I can remember it very well, just the memory of lots of complaints.

update the XP serv packs. I know, for example, installing a newer Nvidia chipset on my system at work wouldn't work until it was patched to at least sp2 (2000 system)

I bought a new graphics card. NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 and have successfully installed it and it now works. thanks for everyone that's helped me and donated their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom