Please Help Me On A Serious Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuparon

Solid State Member
EDIT:: Using WindowsXP Pro.

Ok, I did probably what I shoudln't have done. My CPU was having
major problems so I tried to wipe it clean and start over. I did that just fine but it did more than I thought it would.

After I Wiped my CPU clean, I started to install all my programs I had on it previously but then something happened. It wouldn't Auto Start any of the games or programs. So I proceded to go into My Computer > Go into my CD/DVD Drive and try to click the setup file. But yet to no avail.

So then I copied a 10MB (cause it was small) game from my other CPU, and when I coppied all the files over, and clicked the game, I came with this error
Audio System Init Failed

So after that I decided to check something so I went to "Start > Run" then i typed "DXDIAG" and this is what I got (in summary)

The system is using the generic Video Driver (I'm using a NVIDEA graphic card that I bought). Direct3D functionality not available. No sound card was found (even though I have one cause I use to play games and other things with sound all the time ...)

That and with the other problems I stated above

Did I screw myself big time? or is there a way to fix this? I just wanted to ask before I spent the money to have someone look at it.

Thanks for all the help

sounds like you haven't installed the drivers for your hardware. install you sound, vid and other drivers/software for your hardware. should have cd's for them. Usually, if its a Dell or gateway or something you'll have a restoration cd that contains apps, another that contains drivers (software to make hardware work) for your vid, snd and mbd chipset, and the o/s. If you have a aftermarket card, it should come with the hardware. Right click my computer, goto properties, hardware, device manager and look for anything with a '!' with yellow around it or a red 'x'... that means its not functioning or software drivers aren't installed. Also look for a section saying unknown devices. Pretty much everything should have a '+' next to it when you first go in there.

problem to that

My dad had this cpu custom made and he was suppostidy keeping them in a safe place and um ... LOST THEM ALL

but then i remembered ... I use to have all my information stored under my 8BG HDD that came with the case "D:" Drive. but i didn't wipe that out, I wipped out my 120GB "C:" Drive, and installed windows on that.

So right now i'm in the process of copying all my windows files from the "D:" Drive into the "C:" Drive.

But is there a way to have windows load under the "D:" Drive instead of the "C:" DRive?

sure, when installing the driver just choose 'browse' or 'other location' and path out to where the .inf and other system files are. that or download the drivers.

Sorry, i'm no cpu wiz >.<

I mean like, since i wiped my C: drive clean, windows was also installed on the C:

But all my drives are on the D: where i have windows installed also

but now windows loads up from the C: drive and not from the D:

is there a way to make windows load from the D:?

chuparon said:
Sorry, i'm no cpu wiz >.<

I mean like, since i wiped my C: drive clean, windows was also installed on the C:

But all my drives are on the D: where i have windows installed also

but now windows loads up from the C: drive and not from the D:

is there a way to make windows load from the D:?

It's been a long time ago but boot to your cd and try boot cfg. should give you some options.

I don't see the point in running windows from D:
I don't recommend replacing all kinds of windows files either.
I suggest you google and download the latest drivers for your soundcard and videocard and download DirectX 9.0c

I agree with TheMajor...You probably need to update your directX, as well as most of your drivers.

PART 1
I went here to download my drivers (which I found where people on another board told me to go). thanks again for that info

pic2.JPG

PART 2

Ok, then I installed it, and then restarted my computer.

I then went into START > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM

Then i went into the hardware tab and went into "Device Manager" and this is what I see ...

pic1.JPG

So can someone tell me what else I have to do to fix this issue?

Post the exact name and model of your video card, sound card, chipset, and any other hardware has a yellow "!" next to it in your Device Manager, and I will look for the latest drivers on all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom