Please help me !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4uvak

In Runtime
my computer crushed recently it was just blank screen after welcome screen

so i did the HP system recovery by pressing F10 in the start up

so now i am back to original half of my programs dont work and my i dont service pack 2 and etc can i do something to make it work>???

i still have service pack 2 files (not for sure)

ANY HELP PLEASE

Re:

Hello,

...you should have come here with just your black screen problem for help...someone could have solved the problem before the matters were worstened...:mad:

Right. HP System Recovery is the same as Windows XP Repair. It's just branded and tailored to the designs of HP. Same concept though. Windows XP Repair will restore Windows XP to factory settings (so virtually the same as when you install Window XP onto a fresh system). However the difference is that it won't erase any of your personal files, that is any files in your Documents and Settings folders placed there by you (My Document files etc...)...

...Unfortunately Windows XP Repair restores the registry, therefore all registry keys and values that contain information of programs installed by you will lose functionality and will require you to re-install them.

Re:

Hello,

You'll have to re-install Service Pack 2, either by downloading it manually, through Microsoft Update, or by using the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD if you have it.

When you did a repair / recovery, it re-installed the factory version of Windows XP.So depending on how long ago you got the Windows XP Installation CD, it would either be Windows XP with no Service Pack, or Windows XP with Service Pack 1 integrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom