Please help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE sHoZnAt

Baseband Member
Okay, I have a couple of problems. First, I bought some 6.1 speakers, and then a Creative Sound Blaster Live 24-bit sound card, but I can't seem to get the rear speakers working. When I test the speakers with the Creative software, the speakers work, but when I try playing music, they don't. I have tried changing the speaker settings in the control panel, but there is no 6.1 speaker setting.

And secondly, when I went to troubleshoot on Windows, I found that the help and support service is turned off, and now I can't turn it on. Does anyone know where I turn it on, or download a version?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

in the creative software (start menu>programs>crative>yoursoundcard>) there is a thing called creative speaker settings... where it says speaker selection there is a drop down menu called speaker/headphone selection. select "6.1 speakers" from this and click the "syncronise with control panel option.

To turn on the help and support service by going into control panel, going into "administrative tools" then click "component services" then select "services (local)" and this will bring up a list of services... go to help an support in this services list and right click it and select restart, this should get help and support running for you!

Thank you about the Help and Support, but the 6.1 and synchronise with control panel were already there and the speakers still don't work. Could this be due to other drivers? And if so, how do I uninstall the drivers that came with my PC?

*EDIT* Just found out that my front center speaker doesn't work either...I have 6 selected on the source selector, and have all the plugs in....

if your front center speaker doesnt work it sounds to me like your plugs from the speakers are in the wrong order on your sound card (i do it all the time). From the left (looking at the back of your pc) it should go Orange,black,green... that is if your connectors are colour coded! I have a non colour coded sound card and colour coded plugs... which is why i always get it wrong.

If that still doesnt work... what is the make and model of your speakers (as I already know your soundcard make and model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom