please help I'm in a lot of trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say just to be completely safe because some police can put a hdd back together and get data off it that you should smash up the hard drive then throw it in a wood chipper then dump the remains in a lake.

Well if I destroyed it with a hammer and threw it out that would seem suspicious too. Even though I know I didn't do it, I've never even had this teacher before and know nothing about him, I'll probably still get in trouble for it. There's no way to prove who actually did it, except that it originated at my house. I told them I didn't know which computer out of the 4 we had it came from, so that's why they want to check them all and see which one it came from. I don't know what to do, this is just stressing me out so much and nothing wrong was even done

If you won't do anything to the drive. Make sure they have a warrent for the computer. You don't have to let them even see it with out.
On the case of taking out the drive and tossing it. Sure it looks guilty, but unless they can prove something was on the drive, regardless of what they "think" was on the drive, and without the drive that's pretty impossible. It's what they can Prove beyond a resonable doubt.
Not telling you to throw the drive out. But I am saying no warrent, tell them to stay outside, or at least have you dad to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom