Please help! ie8 wont open.

techmo

Solid State Member
I am running windows vista home premium. when i try to open internet explorer nothing happens. i look in task manager and it says its open, but is only using 1mb of ram. I scanned my computer for malware with malwarebytes and it found 137 problems. it cleaned the computer then explorer.exe wont open!! and internet explorer still wont open! Please help!!

Explorer.exe isn't internet explorer. Explorer.exe runs your entire desktop environment. You might want to try Malwarebytes in safe mode.

I already tried that. what i said is that ie8 wont open. it runs in the background but wont open. then i used malwarebytes to clean the computer. now explorer AND iexplore wont open. (i can only open explorer if i open it manually through task manager)

I'm not all that with Vista, more knowing of XP than any other System but why if you are haveing continues problems back up and move all valuable DATA to a Pen Drive and do a Installation again of Vista. I was told my local Retailer that 7 if you wish to upgrade techmo is less intensive on resources and the system than Vista. If you wish to upgrade, so should be a problem with compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom