PLEASE HELP!! Cant install windows XP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neybis

Beta member
ok, so first off, let me start by saying i am no computer idiot. So no need to get all, is the computer plugged in on me lol.

okay, so i am dual booting windows xp x64 (big mistake but actually working well) and ubuntu (come to find out a decent distro). i started my computer one day to find out my system files were corrupted so i grabbed my x64 disc and attempted a repair install. The first time the repair install completed, i rebooted, and low and behold, i get an error upon booting into the GUI aspect of the windows setup. it reads [love the grammar btw haha ;) ], "Setup was unable access files needed to continue. This could be caused by an error on the CD Media or the CD is no longer present in the drive." Now i kept the cd in a sleeve and there is not a scratch on it, looks perfect. i know the cd drive im using works fine because i booted of this same disc to do the repair install in the first place. They are both IDE drives (not SATA) so they should need to drivers or anything, and same thing with my SATA hard drive (it was detected without drivers and had no problem starting windows setup). Can anyone help me get this windows repair to work? i don't want to lose all my music so i really don't want to clean install. Thanx...neybis

ok, so i just tried re-doing the repair install, i am getting this error message

Setup cannot set the required Windows configureation information. This indicates an internal Setup error. Contact your system administrator.

not good, lol...why can't i do a repair install?

Well it sounds as if either the drive is corrupted or the disc is corrupted. Did you isntall any SP's ontot he drive but did not have them with the disc?

Almost sounds like it's trying to run on the Ubuntu partition. I may be way out there on this one however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom