Please HELP! Can NOT get past the Welcome Screen! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
I have a major problem!! Running Vista 32bit w/SP1.

After booting, Vista comes on very nicely UNTIL after the Welcome Screen!

After the Welcome screen, all I get is the Cursor sitting there. I see the HDD blinking, but it will NOT progress past this point !! I've rebooted multiple times and still can NOT get past this point!

This is a Critical PC that must get working ASAP!

Yes, I do have backup files....but really need this going ASAP!

Please help!

Have you tried Restore Points? Have you tried Safe Mode? Have you tried creating a new profile in Safe mode? Have you tried anything other than just booting to the same issue?

Press ctrl+alt+delete three times, does that get you to the sign on screen?

If so this is a drive conflict, install the manufacture drivers for all wireless hardware.

Have you tried Restore Points? Have you tried Safe Mode? Have you tried creating a new profile in Safe mode? Have you tried anything other than just booting to the same issue?
I would if I could access them.

Like I said, it boots just past the Vista Welcome screen and then HANGS.

Like I said, it boots just past the Vista Welcome screen and then HANGS.[/QUOTE

Don't worry, I tell to you simple steps about your O.S. and you follow this steps one by one.

1. On your System.
2. Use O.S CD and format your System.
3. After that make different partition of your System HDD and then Install O.S in your system.

After that all process completed then restart your system and your system welcome screen is appear. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::

Like I said, it boots just past the Vista Welcome screen and then HANGS.[/QUOTE

Don't worry, I tell to you simple steps about your O.S. and you follow this steps one by one.

1. On your System.
2. Use O.S CD and format your System.
3. After that make different partition of your System HDD and then Install O.S in your system.

After that all process completed then restart your system and your system welcome screen is appear. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::
I'm pretty sure if the user needs the PC up ASAP that they probably need the data on the computer too - formatting would delete that data.

im having the exzact same problem but formating my disk i dont mind as its only 3weeks old,ive only installed firefox,divx and a few films. mine happened after the screen of death last night. gona look for a video on youtube to help me lol :suprised:

well mines sorted thanks to mak214

Spyware Asylum

he told me to do this,and check for any virus etc,i was using safe mode when i used this,then it re-booted an took my to my normal login screen an i logged in,wasn't expecting it to go to the desktop,but it did.

the instructions are straight forward,try it.

it worked for me

Had this problem cept with just a black screen...

This is what worked for me.

Find a boot cd off the net. Hirens Boot CD is an example.

Use the CHKDSK /R in the command prompt. This locates any bad sectors and recovers any readable information.

After that my computer went back to normal....
Mine was because i was screwing around with ubuntu
BUT
Most likely a sign of a failing hard disk if your not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom