Please Help Blue Screen of Death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawaru

Beta member
My home computer keeps getting a stop message (blue screen of death) when Windows is starting up. I'm not sure what it is, maybe a virus. The message says I may have a virus or it may be some hardware setting.

In any case, I can't start Windows. I keep getting the blue screen. I tried starting in Safe Mode, Boot Logging, Debug Mode... I tried every option. If it is a virus, I don't know how to clean it or fix whatever problem without loading Windows.

Can anyone please help?

Is there some type of disk I can load Windows from?

I have PII 866, 384 MB RAM, 40 GB HD. I can't think of anything I changed recently in terms of Hardware. The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded some bootleg file from supernova.org.

Thanks for any help.

Are you running XP? If you are, try repairing your Windows installation using the XP CD. If that doesn't work, your best option may be to re-format.

I am using Win2k.

I'm assuming I lose all pictures and stuff saved on my Hard drive if I format. Can I reinstall Win2k somehow?

Run a repair. If that doesn't work, just install a fresh copy of Win2k over your old one. You will have to re-install your programs, but at least you will save your pictures and documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom