Please Help Because Microsoft Can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
try the obvious answer which you ignored twice. you can't say if it's a software issue if you can't figure it out. most systems act stupid when you OC

Dealt with Microsoft yesterday. The 32-bit internet explorer was currupted. It WAS a software issue. I used the vista DVD to do an "upgrade", which is really a downgrade. It re-wrote all of my system files, but left my programs, docs, etc...Now my internet issue has been solved, and the app error doesn't show when I close programs.

However, when I boot my machine into windows, I now get an error saying couldn't load file AIos.sys(which must be part of my Asus AI overclocking). But the AI boost program loads and my system is still overclocked. It doesn't seem to affect anything so far. If I have issues in the future, I'll address them then.

Thanks to all who have offered their advice. It's just rediculous that I had to deal with 6 different Microsoft techs and take almost 6 hours to do such a simple thing. I'll check into all the software you've listed for future apps anyway.

It could be that the game doesnt like the OC'ing. It could be soemthing in the patches. It could also be that the game is not updated for Vista as well. That is something to ask the people over at the GRAW sites. They should know more about that than anyone.

thats probably why

64 bit never works well with everything... programs are just not optimized for 64 bit windows since not many people actually use 64 bit!

consumers really have no reason to go to 64 bit because even if it gives a minor performance upgrade, it doesn't justify all the compatibility issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom