Please help ASAP, I don't Know what to do!

TheGreatToaster

Beta member
I have a Gateway dx with an AMD Phenom X3 processor, and an onboard ati radeon hd 3200 graphics processor. I just recently recieved an nvidia GeForce 9800 gt from my friend and installed it. I have a 6 pin molex to pci e adapter hooked up to the 9800 and the power supply molex connector. I have a dvi to vga adapter plugged into the back of the graphics card and a vga male to male cable plugged into my monitor. Also plugged into my monitor is a dvi to hdmi cable. The dvi plugs into the monitor and the hdmi plugs into the back of the computer, not the graphics card. I don't know if this could be the issue or not. So i turned on my computer and the monitor didnt pick up the signal on the graphics card and went straight to the dvi port. I unplugged the dvi to hdmi cable and plugged the other vga male to male cable back into the monitor. So i turned my computer back on and the glitching started. The picture i provided with this post shows what it does. So i installed the drivers for the 9800 and forgot to delete the old ati drivers. So i went and uninstalled the AMD Catalyst and restarted my computer. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers after that thinking they were corrupt and restarted my computer again. The same thing happened every time i restarted it too. I reinstalled the nvidia drivers and restarted the computer again to see if that was the problem. Alas, no different. I have also taken a video of what happens on restart. So please, anyone with the know how on this, Please, help! :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Check the power (molex or PCIe i didnt really understand that bit, but whatever it is, check its connected securely) is connected to the 9800 GT correctly and the power connection doesnt have any lose solder.
I've had a couple of Gfx cards do a similar thing because of a loosely soldered power connection.

Also this should be in "Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting"
Requesting the thread to be moved please :)

Seems likely that the power connector on the graphics card could be loose. Another thing i noticed about the screen is that the resolution is also messed up.

PSU is normal, temps are good. I've been using the brand new drivers, so I'll check these out. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom