please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
when i was installing norton internet secuirty 2005, i stopped it before it finished, and now i have a problem is that i can't install it again, and i can't remove the icon from add or remove programs, can some one tell me how to remove it from add or remove programs. please

25ew.jpg

Re:

Hello,

When you try to re-install Norton Internet Security...does it come up with an error message? If there is an error message with an error code then you could find the reference in Symantec Support for a solution...

...You probably can't install it again because the installation files and registry entries still remain from your last attempt.

I would use SymNRT from Symantec to remove all the installation files: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

You've got the 2005 version so go ahead.

When i try to re-install Norton Internet Security, noting appear to me, just the installation doesn't start.

Re:

Hello,

Okay. I would download and run SymNRT to remove any dumb installation files and registry entries left from the first attempt.

Sometimes you can use the autorun features on discs to get them running. Open my computer and right click on the CD drive and choose explore. From there find the setup executable and run that to get it going again. That is after you use Alvin's suggestion and remove all old files first though. I have this problem all the time with Vista that the autoruns just do nothing and i have to manually start the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom