Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRISH

Baseband Member
Ok here is the background of my problem...

I recently reloaded my machine which is a Pentium 1.8GHZ P4 with 512MB ram running XP Home. My machine was running fine nice and fast no problems. Just a couple days ago I was surfing and noticed that a program named spy annihilator was installing on my machine. I attempted to remove the program but it kept installing. I cleaned it from the registry and from the install folder. So I said screw it I am losing performance and I decided to reload. I ran virus scan first and came up with nothing. So I reload the machine keeping the Logical D drve in tact while formating the C drive and starting from scratch. No when it installs and everything comes up my system runs dog slow. I mean to the point where nothing will be running and no processes running that I dont recognize and all I have to do is drag a window across the screen and my CPU usage goes all the way to 100%. I run virus scan and Spyware scan and nothing comes up. I defraged my hardrive and still nothing. So I reloaded it again keeping the D drive in tact again. Same result. Could this be because I am leaving the rest of the drive alone even though my system checks says all is good? Any help would be really appreciated.

Your d drive is a partition I presume? If it is then merge it with the c and then split it after xp setup.

Birish,

So I reload the machine keeping the Logical D drve in tact while formating the C drive and starting from scratch. No when it installs and everything comes up my system runs dog slow

The only thing that might be causing this resource hog is a 'VIRUS'. Try to get 2 AV's , I prefer panda and AVG , update both and perform a full scan.

Well, if you dont have any important data in drive D , you can just format both the drives C and D again and reinstall the OS.No need to perform the virus scans...

Sign
Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom