Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha3212

Solid State Member
About a week or so ago I removed a program (Roxio media manager) from my laptop. Now tonight all of a sudden I get a pop up of Please Wait While Windows Configures Roxio Media Manager then it goes to Preparing To Install then I get a new one telling me that I need to insert the disc to finish the installation. I do not have the disc anymore, and dont want this installed. I try canceling and it just starts back over from the beginning. I have tried restoring to an early date and it tells me System Restore was not able to be completed. What do I do? And how do I make this stop? PLEASE HELP!!!!

and your sure that you fully deleted the program? like you looked in your program folder and is the folder for the program there?

well I will check the program folder right now, but when I go to add/remove programs it is not listed.

Ok, I do have a Roxio program file and it is full of other files that are full of stuff. But I have no idea how to get rid of it all since I cant remove it in add/remove programs.

Go ahead and delete that file under program files. Restart your computer and see if it comes back after that.

Ok I will try now.

No luck. As soon as the computer started back up it came right back onto the screen. I keep hitting cancel and it keeps starting over.

I've never had roxio media player on my computer before but something you could try is this:

Click on Start>Documents (or my documents in XP) then look for a folder with the name 'roxio' or something of the sort. If you ever used the media player at any point then it may have installed a personal configuration folder for you. click on that folder and then click shift+del to permanently delete it if there is nothing of importance to you in that folder (deleting that folder will not effect your computer's performance, assuming this folder even exists, and if it doesn't exist, I'm sorry for waisting a couple minutes of your time)

One more thing you could try is holding down the windows symbol on your keyboard (the same one that gives you access to the start menu) and the R button on your keyboard to bring up the run prompt. Type in %appdata% and look for something involving roxio and delete it. Again, this is all speculation.

Try going into safe mode with networking. Download Revo Uninstaller and run it. See if Revo "sees" Roxio and have it uninstall it.

If that doesn't work then you will have to dig out the remnants of Roxio manually. Here is a link to do that in XP and here is one for Vista/7.

Let us know if neither of those work.

Ok, I tried the %appdata% and found another file. I deleted it and its still trying to install. I then downloaded the Revo and it did not find anything. So - I went to the link provided for manually digging out files and I am having no luck. the first step says to type in misconfig in the run window and when I do that it tells me windows cannot find misconfig. make sure you typed it correctly and try again. to search for a file, click the start button and then press search.

ok I was able to go through and do it all manually, and I am sad to say that now, not only is it trying to install but I am also getting another pop up now saying that it is unable to find a certificate file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom