please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

80mg OC

Baseband Member
i downloaded what i thought was snood, and now my computer has a nasty virus. ive been wanting to restore my computer back the way it was when it was brand new, but system restore only goes back 3 months.

i have XP and i can buy vista for fairly cheap, cheaper then a new comp.

Will that wipe out my hard drive and rewrite to a blank harddrive so i wont have any viruses on my comp?? I dont wanna buy it if it is just gonna be vista with the same crap that i have on this slow *** comp full of virus and god only knows what else.

Thanks

ps cant afford to go to a geek squad or buy a new comp...

just put disc in

boot from dvd

select country, ect

select clean install, not upgrade

click the HDD you want to format and down towards bottom there will be a option to format it, click that

and let vista do the rest.

back up your data before doing this, cause you will permanently loose every thing on the hdd.

No. That is a upgrade disc. You will have to install Vista twice in order to actually start to use it. Get a OEM copy.

i downloaded what i thought was snood, and now my computer has a nasty virus. ive been wanting to restore my computer back the way it was when it was brand new, but system restore only goes back 3 months.

i have XP and i can buy vista for fairly cheap, cheaper then a new comp.

Will that wipe out my hard drive and rewrite to a blank harddrive so i wont have any viruses on my comp?? I dont wanna buy it if it is just gonna be vista with the same crap that i have on this slow *** comp full of virus and god only knows what else.

Thanks

ps cant afford to go to a geek squad or buy a new comp...

You Don't Need Vista in order to format and put a fresh install on your drive, this can easily be done with the XP cd.

Pop in your XP cd, during boot make your Rom drive the first boot read, when it prompts you from the dos load "Please hit any key to boot from CD/DVD" hit your space bar,wait for it to load the drivers. click F8 when prompted select "Install a new copy" then delete the partition and then create new, format your disk using the "Quick format NTFS" and then your new XP install will begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom