playing video- dx9c issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chexmixbbq

Beta member
ok, i coppied this from another forum, but i have the same exact issue as this guy, and our specs
are pretty much the same. if anybody could find out how to fix this, that'd be great.
i've spent days searching online for a solution, nothing seems to work.

here's the problem-

I'm running a WindowsXP sp2 System
AMD athlon 2000Mhz proccesor
1,5GB ram
256mb GeForce 6600LE (nVidia)
and so on...

Ok at first everything seems perfect, I can play (new) games, do Photoshop and illustrator I can edit in AfterEffects and Flash blablabla...
BUT I CAN'T PLAY ANY VIDEO FORMAT!!! (exept flash video)
Everytime I try to play a video (all codecs are at the system) my system jamms like a rock.. it looks like I have a framerate of 1fps or something. Only when I open the task manager my CPU drops back to 0 (instead of 100%)
and I can close the app.

Ok, it's not the memory (tested that)
it's not the mediaplayer (tried all at the market)
it's not the codec's (tried all formats)
graphicscard seems fine according to the DXDIAG wich says that everything is alright. The Nvidia helpdesk couldn't figure it out either.
I've been on a lot of help site's and I'd tried every trick in the book but nothing seems to help. :mad:

It all worked once until I decided to buy an extra harddrive and re-install Windows.

The only sign I had of what it could be was when I tried to play an divX avi in divX player, it said that I have to re-install my directX, wich I've done tons of times just like re-installing my graphicscard.

- here's the link to the thread

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62984.html

pleeeease somebody tell me how to fix this; its annoying the **** out of me and wasting
lots of my time. i have sp2, dx9c, latest nvidea driver, k-lite codec. tried playing my movies
with lots of different players- wmp11, wmpc,- each end up with the same result. i don't want
to uninstall direct x, fearing it will lead to other issues.

thx for reading, plz help me out

Have you tried to do a Repair install on your system?

Maybe some of your system files are messed and the repair install could fix them.

Other than that a uninstall of DX9 could help. Have you tried the DX9 Runtime?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...78-3c9b-44dc-b8be-46783bcac3cb&DisplayLang=en

That is for the Oct Release of the DX9. It is like a Beta of DX9 that does have some DX10 things. But not much. It is newer than DX9c and might help you out. But i think a Repair install will help you out more.

hey, thanks for the quick reply

i did 2 fresh installs of windows allready, and get the same result every time. ill try downloading the runtimes and post the results in a bit.

If you have done 2 fresh installs and you still cant then it could be a boot secotr virus or something else that is causing you some grief.

What AV do you use and does it have a Boot Sector scanner.

If not i suggest Avast! which does have one and can scan your system before anything loads and maybe catch a hidden culprit that might be lying there under some masks that some other AV's cant see.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

hrmm i rly dont think that's the issue here. it has something to do with dx9 im sure. gaah this is giving me a headache

mines done that before aswell, it fixed its self once but is doing it again after a reinstall of windows, so you're not alone in this i would personally like to find an answer as well.

Although one time i installed a copy a the 8 series Nvidia drivers and i remember it fixing the problem, dont know if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom