Playing VCD's on a DVD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Crunk

In Runtime
Everytime i burn a homemade movie to a CD, it lets me play the CD on my computer, but it wont let me play it on my DVD player. When i put the CD in my DVD player it tells me there is no sound data, and won't even show the media that is on the disk. I have tried burning the movies to both mpeg and avi files but neither worked. Can someone please help, i have ran out of ideas!!!
(P.S. My DVD player is capable of reading cdr,cdrw, mp3, as well as dvd format disks.)

no, i have sound with a normal DVD, but my player gives me that message when i try to play a homemade VCD.

sorry I'm not familiar with VCD, anyway go to the site I gave earlier and search for components for VCD....

You must make sure that the video is first converted into mpeg1 then use something like NERO to make a VCD. I have had no issues making VCD's this way and playing them back on my TV with the good ole APEX dvd player..lol.

yes hes right, you must meet 2 conidtions: your dvd player supports VCD/ SVCD. your CD is made with compliance to VCD/ SVCD format. each format has a maximum and minimum range of bitrate for mpeg1 & 2. that link he posted is useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom