Playing music with Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjtalon

Solid State Member
My wife has been playing with a program from Hewlett-Packard called
“HP Memories Disc”. It came with an All-IN-One, HP Office Jet 4110.

You take JPG’s and make a slide show with them, and add sound to your presentation if you want, like music for example, and burn it on a CD. Put the CD in , auto play fires up Internet Explorer and the program has a homepage made up and from that you select “Run Slideshow” and with that, the sound (music in this case) and pics start displaying, cycling through what you selected for pics.

I donÂ’t have (or have ever had) anything set that should or HAS ever given me a problem with sound in general. Playing CDÂ’s, home made CDÂ’s, MP3Â’s, whatever, hearing sound with internet pages /sites, ect.,.

The problem is, if we take a CD made with the above mentioned program, put it in this PC (details below) the auto play starts Internet Explorer for you and will cycle though the picÂ’s but the MUSIC wonÂ’t play.

My wife has taken the CD to other people PCÂ’s and everything works (both have W98 SE W Media Player)

I‘ve explored this home made CD trying to find what may be the weird deal. I find the music file my wife selected to play with the slideshow and click it and it plays just fine off the CD. My question is WHY won’t THIS PC play the music with the slideshow ( in IE) ???

I have searched HP support site and they donÂ’t have much about this program. I have checked the version and it IS the latest/greatest according to them.

Dell, Dimension 4300, 1.7 P III , 256MB SDRAM, 20 GB HD, W XP SP1, IE 6 SP 1,
Window Media Player 9 (Default for MP 3 ) Sound Blaster Live !

Thanks for your time !!

Steve

"My wife has taken the CD to other people PCÂ’s and everything works (both have W98 SE W Media Player)"

Yes sound and everything !

There is another one she took it to with XP and it worked there
as well.

No big deal, just driving me nuts because it works in others and not here.

I can listen to the music file with Media Player yes,by finding it exploring the CD, but the disc has this INF file :

" [autorun]
OPEN=EXPLORER.EXE \HOMEPAGE.HTM "

Then, as I said, IE takes over. Then on the "homepage " you click
"Start Photo Show" (which has this as properties: file:///D:/MEMDISC/ALBUM_A/VIEW/SHOW/SHOW.HTM)
And the slideshow starts with the music playing (at least on other PC'S) The BROWSER is what does the slideshow.

Thanks for the help ! and I'll read the page you pointed me to.
Steve

here's the "sorce" on one of the browser pages (D:\MEMDISC\ALBUM_A\VIEW\SHOW\HTML\MUSIC.HTM)on the CD's files :

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META name="generator" content="HP memories disc creator">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<EMBED SRC="../../../CONTENT/BG_A0001.MP3" BGSOUND="../../../CONTENT/BG_A0001.MP3" HIDDEN="TRUE" LOOP="TRUE" AUTOSTART="TRUE">
</BODY>
</HTML>

I have "Music Match Jukebox" and even made that my default
MP 3 Player (file rule "opens with") and that doesn't work either.

What the hey !!

:p

Steve

Check the settings in IE directly..If needed reset to default..Basically go to the the File menu in IE then

TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>ADVANCED> then scroll down to multimedia and make sure that play sounds in web pages is selected..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom