Playing Bf2 on geforce 4 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok dont tell me this is impossible becuase back a couple months ago I managed somehow to play bf2 on my dads mx440. Heres what happened. I downloaded the bf2 dvd online (pirated) and installed it on my system. When I used it on my dads from the folder on my ipod it said a file from windows was missing. When I downloaded the file (was a .dll firectx file I think) and put it in windows directory, bf2 started up and worked great. I now bought the game retail not knowing it doesnt work on geforce 4 series cards and well guess what, it doesnt work. So im reading online about this and it all says I cant do this on a geforce 4 card, when I did though!. Someone tell me how I did this and if I can do it again!

well take the same bf2 and install it on your machine and see if it plays and install yours on your dad and see if it plays..

Hmmmm.... Ok I can only use one machine. So i guess I could install bf2 and copy it to another folder. Then try to unistall it and put it in someother place so it seems like i just put bf2 on hd and play it. That should work I guess.... Right?

It lets me install it and when I go tplay it flickers alot. The only thign I could say is when I did it before I installed on another machine and just transfered folder to another computer so maybe I tricked it?

Well if you were playing the pirated version they usually include the NO CD patch which installs EVERYTHING to your hard drive so you are working only off the hard drive. When you install the store bought game you have some data on the drive and some on the CD so you are transfering at the slower rate off the CD..thats about all I can think of..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom