Playing any games causes immediate blue screen crash only after Window Update, just today

brump

Solid State Member
[Solved] Playing any games causes immediate blue screen crash only after Window Update, just today

I played the games as usual, and found that opening ANY game causes blue screen crash. Everyone of them.

Forced the games to use motherboard integrated graphics instead of my laptop Geforce 520M, and then games are running again. But of course I can't play games with integrated graphics.

The only thing I could relate this to is the automatic Window update I had just a few hours earlier.

The installed components are in the attached picture. Just today.

:SeriouslyChan: TL: DR: Perhaps forget the list. Did anyone have any problem with games or have consistent blue screen crash in games these few days?

Attachments

• NqOwF.png
    NqOwF.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If you get us the STOP code then we can help with your issues better. If you can, get us the dump files located in C:\Windows\Minidump. Zip them up, and upload them here.

Also, I would try downloading the newest graphics driver from nVidia's website for your card, and installing it. Do a custom install and choose the "Clean Install" option at the bottom of the list during installation to uninstall the previous driver prior to installing the new one.

A friend had this problem a while back, it was caused by faulty north bridge +southbridge chips on his (ASRock) motherboard. It meant a whole new mobo. Is there some way of checking the north bridge and south bridge for faults?

I knew it had something to do with video card, so even though I already have the latest driver version, I downloaded and re-installed anyway.

And then the problem is gone.

I don't know why, but then I probably don't need to. So thanks people.

I hope the word [Solved] would show up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom