Play Video on XP Boot-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract3000

Solid State Member
Hey there Im running Windows XP and I have an MPEG Video I would like to play when the computer Boots Up and hopefully theres a way to stop it when its finished, anyone know how this can be done and what I would have to do?
Thanx
Abstract3000

Well, I don't know about getting the video closed after the video is done but in order to start it, find the video file in explorer > right click it and goto "Create ShortCut". Cut that shortcut and then right click on the Start Menu > Explore All Users > Start Menu > Programs > Startup. Open this folder and then paste the shortcut in the folder.

Actually I would like it to play after windows loads, being that windows has the capability to do things for instance I once had someone write a command that appeared in my Msconfig Start - up menu that loaded notpad and a message evrytime I booted up the computer, as well many applications can be loaded the same way, I just want to know how to write the command and where to write it so that it will boot media player with the particular video playing then stop itself when its done.
Thanx for the help
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom