A Place To list Vista Beta 2 Problem - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Do you reply to advice before you try it?
Yes 3 15.79%
Sometimes 8 42.11%
No 2 10.53%
Im to smart for advice! 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2006, 04:48 AM   #31 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Carthjr
i have a question for anyone who has found drivers that actually work for their 3D GPU's.

does this beta include the Aero desktop feature? if so, how functional is it?
Yes, i have all the eye candy of vista turned on and im using the ATi beta 2 drivers. I would have thought the Nvidia beta 2 drivers would work too. Have you tried them?

And @ mestizo122 thanks, im going to try that now. This could also help with UT2004 cos it will be able to save my settings hope it works.

Btw which file would i change the settings for? Just the main Ghost Recon one?

Thanks
__________________

Mentali$T is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 05:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,499
Default

Ok well i changed the security on UT2004 and now when i load the game up all my settings are still there Thanks a lot mestizo122. GRAW will probably work too, havent tried it yet.

I still have a problem in COD2. Whenever i go on a server with pb on i get kicked for inadequate os privileges even though i have changed the security settings to allow all.
__________________

Mentali$T is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to Carthjr
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mentali$T
Yes, i have all the eye candy of vista turned on and im using the ATi beta 2 drivers. I would have thought the Nvidia beta 2 drivers would work too. Have you tried them?


yeah, i did download the driver released for beta 2 by nvidia. however, it didn't work. my 7800 GTX is made by asus, and they always release their own drivers for their hardware. i'm kind of a sitting duck until asus decides to go ahead and make a beta 2 driver
Carthjr is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mentali$T
Ok well i changed the security on UT2004 and now when i load the game up all my settings are still there Thanks a lot mestizo122. GRAW will probably work too, havent tried it yet.

I still have a problem in COD2. Whenever i go on a server with pb on i get kicked for inadequate os privileges even though i have changed the security settings to allow all.
Your welcome. I am not sure why COD2 would be booting you off. Maybe there is a file that is not with the rest of them that the server tries to access that has not been changed yet, I am not sure.
mestizo122 is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Carthjr
yeah, i did download the driver released for beta 2 by nvidia. however, it didn't work. my 7800 GTX is made by asus, and they always release their own drivers for their hardware. i'm kind of a sitting duck until asus decides to go ahead and make a beta 2 driver
Hmm im not sure because my gfx card is made by Sapphire who also make there own drivers but as they dont have any out i just used ATI's.

@ mestizo122, yeah im not sure, i keep looking around forums but no one seems to know the answer. I can get in servers with pb disabled obviously and i can get into servers with pb when i select run as administrator but it is extremely laggy.
__________________

Mentali$T is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.