A Place To list Vista Beta 2 Problem - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Do you reply to advice before you try it?
Yes 3 15.79%
Sometimes 8 42.11%
No 2 10.53%
Im to smart for advice! 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:48 AM   #31 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carthjr
i have a question for anyone who has found drivers that actually work for their 3D GPU's.

does this beta include the Aero desktop feature? if so, how functional is it?
Yes, i have all the eye candy of vista turned on and im using the ATi beta 2 drivers. I would have thought the Nvidia beta 2 drivers would work too. Have you tried them?

And @ mestizo122 thanks, im going to try that now. This could also help with UT2004 cos it will be able to save my settings hope it works.

Btw which file would i change the settings for? Just the main Ghost Recon one?

Thanks

Old 06-15-2006, 05:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ok well i changed the security on UT2004 and now when i load the game up all my settings are still there Thanks a lot mestizo122. GRAW will probably work too, havent tried it yet.

I still have a problem in COD2. Whenever i go on a server with pb on i get kicked for inadequate os privileges even though i have changed the security settings to allow all.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to Carthjr

Quote:
Originally posted by Mentali$T
Yes, i have all the eye candy of vista turned on and im using the ATi beta 2 drivers. I would have thought the Nvidia beta 2 drivers would work too. Have you tried them?

yeah, i did download the driver released for beta 2 by nvidia. however, it didn't work. my 7800 GTX is made by asus, and they always release their own drivers for their hardware. i'm kind of a sitting duck until asus decides to go ahead and make a beta 2 driver
Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mentali$T
Ok well i changed the security on UT2004 and now when i load the game up all my settings are still there Thanks a lot mestizo122. GRAW will probably work too, havent tried it yet.

I still have a problem in COD2. Whenever i go on a server with pb on i get kicked for inadequate os privileges even though i have changed the security settings to allow all.
Your welcome. I am not sure why COD2 would be booting you off. Maybe there is a file that is not with the rest of them that the server tries to access that has not been changed yet, I am not sure.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carthjr
yeah, i did download the driver released for beta 2 by nvidia. however, it didn't work. my 7800 GTX is made by asus, and they always release their own drivers for their hardware. i'm kind of a sitting duck until asus decides to go ahead and make a beta 2 driver
Hmm im not sure because my gfx card is made by Sapphire who also make there own drivers but as they dont have any out i just used ATI's.

@ mestizo122, yeah im not sure, i keep looking around forums but no one seems to know the answer. I can get in servers with pb disabled obviously and i can get into servers with pb when i select run as administrator but it is extremely laggy.

Closed Thread