Picture Browsing Crashes. Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whammeh

Beta member
Hey, I have a problem that started yesterday, and up until now I havn't had a problem like this so I'm unsure how to fix it. I've checked other forums to see if others had had the same problem and couldn't find anything that was specifically what I needed. I've also posted in other help forums and have had no responses (Impatient when it comes to the laptop =D)

I was also going to post this in another section but was unsure where to, as it seems the problem isn't just with my Internet browsers.

When I first found the problem:
Basically, I attempted to upload an image to my Photobucket account, I logged on as usual and as soon as I clicked on 'Browse' the browse window came up and my Firefox crashed, closing my firefox and all it's tabs and bringing up a Crash Report.

We're Sorry

Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts.

To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report.

I've also included the Crash Report information, as I don't know if thatll help anyone help me o.o

Add-ons: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0010-ABCDEFFEDCBA}:6.0.10,jqs@sun.com:1.0,{635abd67-4fe9-1b23-4f01-e679fa7484c1}:1.5.2.20080717,{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA}:6.0.11,{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}:3.0.5
BuildID: 2008120122
CrashTime: 1230743834
InstallTime: 1229809128
ProductName: Firefox
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 957
StartupTime: 1230743819
Theme: classic/1.0
URL: Login to a private Photobucket.com album
UserID: 52d3b13e-64f9-416b-9c66-97afaf9e3bca
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.0.5

This report also contains technical information about the state of the application when it crashed

I attempted to upload in image to Imageshack.us too, and Myspace, the same thing occured.
I then attempted to upload to Photobucket in Internet Explorer and it merely crashed and closed with no report.

I've tried rebooting my laptop, Clearing my cookies and caches. Deleting temporary files..o_O...Reinstalling Java and Firefox thinking that they might fix the problem but it didn't. I also scanned my laptop for Viruses and none were found.

Now comes the reason why I decided to post it here, Instead of on an Internet section or something of the sorts.

Today when I woke up I decided to try to open a file in Photoshop CS2. Again, I clicked Open, and the browse window came up. Then like In Firefox and I.E, Photoshop crashed, closed and an error report came up. The usual,

Adobe Photoshop CS2 has encountered a problem and needs to close: We are sorry for the inconvenience

I then tried opening My Documents where some of my images are based and it allowed me to click on the images and view them in the Windows Fax viewer. However, when I tried to click on my My Pictures folder, it immediately crashed and came up another error, again the usual:

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I apologize for the long post also, but wanted to get down all the details to make sure I wasn't missing anything out. I've asked for suggestions of others and none seem to know the problem. One friend suggested re-formatting but I don't want to have to do that unless completely necessary since I have some images that are rather important for coursework which I really need to get to and don't really want to have to re-start them.

Any suggestions?

Windows XP or Windows Vista? Have you done any spyware checks? Have you done any system maintainence?

Same here though i had a problem when explorer crashed, now i cant open up firefox, photoshop and all my default font went to wingdings, the fonts are ok now but i get the error with firefox.

iv reinstalled, done a complete uninstall and reinstall. I scanned for spyware and found none, also my internet explorer font is relle small on some pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom