[Pic] Ok, I cannot figure out how to change the file type here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus666

Beta member
I installed some shitty software for some shitty TV Tuner card I got from Woot a while back, and it changed all of my video file associations. It doesn't actually affect any of my video files, I still have them all opening in their appropriate players, but under the file type column it always says, well, what it says in the pic. It's just annoying and I want it back to the way it was. I've uninstalled and deleted EVERYTHING associated with the program, and even went through the list of video drivers on my system and just started deleting ones that I thought might be associated with the program. It's still there though.

wtf.jpg

Remember, I'm not trying to change WHAT the filetype is, or what it opens with, I am just trying to get it to NOT say ivivideo in the "Type" section. This shows up for all video file types (except quicktime).

Ok..I guess you can try this but it's a long shot, this problem might require a registry fix but here it goes a simple solution. Might just work.

Open up Windows Media player, go to option>file type, unselect all the file type and click OK. Restart. When back on go back to the option and select the file type you want to associate and save and restart. See if that does anything.

No that isn't the issue. Trust me I've ****ed around in the registry already (though I'm sure I've missed something), deleted any and all video codecs that may be associated with the original program, etc.

Oh nevermind I see what you're saying, thought you meant something else.

Just tried it, it's back to normal, never would have thought of that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom