Physical memory dumping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
Sometimes when I run Mirc I get the blue screen and it says : Beggining to dump physical memory. then computer restarts. it also shows an error code which i can't remember because the blue screen stays on for only 2 seconds.

b/w I run xp corp sp1

Why does it happen?

What does it mean?

Is there a fix for it?

usually a driver or irq conflict. dumping physical memory means it's taking whatever was in RAM at that moment and clearing it out and write a dump file for troubleshooting. or something to that effect.
to resolve such an issue first identify the file that causes the issue on the blue screen. then check microsoft's website for similar articles that might apply and lastly, send tthe dumpfile to microsoft and wait forever for an answer or reinstall OS...

If you would like the screen to stay on so that you can copy the information down and post here later you can goto System Properties in the control panel > Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Uncheck the option bit to Automatically Reboot.

-Mike

I used mikesgrovin advice and i got an update.

the blue screen has this:

on top

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

on the bottom

tech info

***STOP 0x000000D1 (0,00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000004)

Thanks for the link

because i get the error only when im downloading something I asume that there is something wrong with my nic driver or something else that has to do with internet connection.

im gona try to update the driver for my nic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom