Photoshop reallly sluggish / Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it uses ALL system specs but it will rely more on the CPU and RAM then say your sound card now wouldnt it? Your GFX card will also be a factor but only for displaying the image. The CPU and RAM are the 2 main pieces of hardware used in Photoshop. Things like your modem, sound card are useless and not relacant when talking about photoshop. While they do use resources.

The same thing can be said of the stuff in task manager. ctfmon is needed for Windows operation. Same thing for the explorer.exe operation. Yet they use resource. According to you, you kill them off to get more preformance. Yet Windows wouldnt function correctly if you did. See my point yet?

While killing some things might make it worth it, like a IM or email client, others will have a ill effect on your performance. A boost to either the CPU or RAM or both will give you a better perofrmance in Photoshop. When i boosted my system to 3GB i have no issue at all running Photoshop CS3, Fireworks CS3, Opera, WMP among my EMail client and a couple other apps. Amazing what jsut more RAM allowed me to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom