pesky but inane

Status
Not open for further replies.

greymalkin

Beta member
My OS is Win XP Media Center Edition Ver. 2002: SP2 with all the latest updates , tweaked and customized by me for me runs like a formula1 engine. Except I got an annoying little squeak I can't locate an annoying little script to deal with it. I used Norton's Partition Magic a while back set up my hard disk the way I wanted then uninstalled it. Everything works like a dream except this one annoyance. When I cold boot or reboot, start the system, after the bios loads and before the OS loads on a blank screen I get an error message "BootMagic.img" cannot be found press any key. Of course any key hit allows the OS to load and all is fine except I don't want that any longer in my system inane as it may be. Obviously it can't find the file for it for it no longer exists, my question is where is that script residing at? I can't find it anywhere, if someone could please direct me to where it is I will eradicate it. I've used the system configuration utility in both Diagnostic startup and Selective startup, still can't find the pesky little varmit...Help.... Can't be in the registry? Can it? for this is displayed before the registry loads Thank you

It could be in the registry. It could be located among the boot files. Why not just use the MCE Discs and go into the recovery console and do a fixboot and fixmbr? That should get rid of it.

Wish I could!! I've assembled this OS from a shadow copy from a different machine, no OEM , no nothing, but I will look in the boot files in the registry .....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom