permissions question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin95zlt

Baseband Member
Is there a way to give a certain user admin privilages and then restrict them from only editing the administrator and admin2 accounts? They will still need access to create accounts and stuff but not edit the two admin accounts just in case...
Thanks in advance...
Justin

I don't think there's a way to put access controls on a user account that prevents them from administering other user accounts. You can put controls on a user to prevent them from dealing with files, but an admin is an admin. Check MS's site. Their user creation is a bit confusing.

if you use Active Directory, you can. If this is a home system, I doubt you'd want to setup a active directory server.

permissions

Yeah it is work...I guess I will have to set up a crazy ass policy...Tough situation. We do software consulting and the companies require the users to be on their personal domain. Weird huh... So when they come back here they log in to our domain. Just started with this company...Great place but they used to out source their network so i have a lot of cleaning up to do.
company is Comframe Software corp...If you ever need any custom software give me a shout and I will put someone on it...
Later guys and thanks for all the help
Justin
www.comframe.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom