permission errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
this morning, most of my users came up to me to tell me that they couldn't access their files in network drives. when i checked it, the permission for the problem files was blank. (properties > security tab) .
although i could add the user in the permission while logged on as user, i was unable to do access the security tab from the file server (while logged on as admin) in which the data resides. as soon as i added the user to the permission (while logged in as user), admin and system account shows up in the permission.

even if the parent folder's permission is set correctly, it doesn't seem to reflect on the child object. (yes, i set it to pass down the permission to the child objects).

i noticed that there are a lot of failure audit in security log in this file server.

while the problem is kind of solved by giving each user instruction on how to fix this problem (because it doesn't allow admin to change permission on those files), i want to know what happened and possibly a way to prevent this from happening again.
does anyone have an idea?

thanks!
selina

Are you in a domain environment? If you are are u logged on as the local admin or the domain admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom