Permanently Deleting Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarulsis

Baseband Member
I wish to permanently delete all the information off of my D drive in order to wipe it completely clean so that I can sell my old harddrive. I need to delete the information in a fashion so that it can never be recovered. My question has several parts.

Would it be possible to cut and paste harddrive D onto harddrive C and then wipe D clean? If I copied and pasted this data onto harddrive C would all the past files I have ever owned on D drive be cached onto harddrive C? Even deleted files that are years old?

Finally, does anyone know of a good program that makes multiple sweeps of a harddrive to permanently delete information?

Any help is appreciated.

Mak213, thanks for the information on the software. Killdisk looks like a good program to use to delete information.
However I am still curious to know if when I paste harddrive D onto harddrive C will all of harddrive D's files, even the previously deleted ones, be stored on the new drive?

Hello,

Depending on what you have stored on the D Drive, yes you can just Select all the files and Move the over. But if you have software isntalled there like a game or something then no. You will have to unisntall the software first and then you can move the stuff over.

But if it is just data then yes. Like pics and stuff like that will be just fine. Make sure you have enough room on the C: drive before you move it over though.

The files there were previously deleted will not be moved. If they are not seen by Windows, they will not be moved by Windows.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom