How big is the DB?
- one apps db with the forms, queries, reports = 12mb
- one data db with the tables = 24mb
What kind of stuff are you storing?
- 10,000 customer records and a few financials
When's the last time you've run a re-index?
- never. I suspect the indices may be a factor here
How many tables do you have linked to the table you're trying to open?
- I'm opening a form which is built on about 5 tables, all normalised, and linked from the data db
is it just one db? do you have others on the pc that are running fine?
- see above. I have several other dbs that run OK, but where we have large data volumes or complexity in the forms it gets slower.
What I don't understand is where the bottleneck lies in my PC spec. If the CPU is only up at 20% what is slowing things down?