performance loss with new XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaris

In Runtime
i have a new xp install and its lost performance compared to my previous install,can anyone help?...below is a graph of both installs for comparison.
i'm religious on installs so i install the same types of progs and configure xp in the same manner, however here is a list of what i did different with this install.
>used 128k raid stripe instead of previous 64k, should be negligible
>i installed 7 games, i think this is the main cause of poor performance but i dont understand how non running data could cause poor performance in every aspect, including cd rom speed, there is about 20 gigs more data than previous install.
> i'm now using Nview dual out, one to my tv so i can play games from the couch with my gampad...i assume this affects my video score somehow, but these dont explain loss in performance in all categories.

what if i use multi partitions with games on another, how does this affect performance?

here is links to specs of my computer, partitions/stuff installed...etc: [url]http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=U06KMWRENEQSTWT6[/URL]
my score normally is around 1800 here

The red graph is my previous install, the green is my new and at the bottom is my final score.

17xz1.jpg

20wx.jpg

33fj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom