Performance Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderX91

Baseband Member
OK! I came to this site because i would really want to get help with a bunch of problems i've had (or still have). Somethng that I would absolutely love is: For my computer to literllay not take 8 mins to start after logging in. I have a Sony Vaio laptop Model: VGN-CR490, vista home premium. 1 gig of RAM Intel Core 2DUO CPU T5450 @1.66 GHz 1.67 GHz. This exactly what my system stuff says. any other questions you wish to know i will gladly let anyone who helps know. Oh yea, Vista SP2. I know there are ALOT of programs chilling on my computer that I DO NOT WANT but i'm unsure of what will effect the things that i do need. I primarily use my computer for schooling, music, and movies (non-HD) I have 2 games on it and thats it (Spore and WoW). those are actually the 2 biggest programs installed i think, once again if anyone wants some extremely detailed stuff that i have installed or is in my program files, i will gladly let you guys know. I'd really appreciate the help so i don't wait for years for my PC to start.:p

Since you're on Vista, go to the Start menu, and search for 'msconfig'; go on it, go to the Startup tab.
Take a screenshot of everything in it, post it here and we can tell you what you can disable.

When did you last defrag? If never, get Defraggler (link in my sig) and run it. Also, get CCleaner (link also in my sig) and run it (making sure not to delete your cookies and such).

Should have your comp running like new afterwards.

here ye go

hm, it says i can't post attachments how can i add my image???

I have the picture uploaded on here in my albums, i have it set to public so i assume you can check it there

Yes, I can see it however it appears to have been reduced in size to meet size restrictions, I imagine. You'd be best to upload it to ImageShack.

Disable the Java one and the Adobe Acrobat one. Possibly the Zune one as well, unless it's a requirement for the use of your Zune.
I can't really see the others, could you take the same screenshot again with the 'Startup Item' field expanded to include all text; sorry, my fault for not being specific first time >_<
My guess is though that there isn't going to be anything else you can disable there. Fairly clean system you have.

Also, note what I put in my first post about Defraggler and CCleaner.

You dont have to disable any of them. They will not affect your system that much. First and foremost, go to

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com

See how much RAM your system can hold. Vista with 1GB of RAM no matter if you have no startup items is going to be slow. So see if you can boost it to 2GB. Either that or Get Win7 RC for free or see if there are drivers for you to down grade.

As far as removing programs, use Revo Uninstaller. It is free and far better than anything Microsoft has as far as a uninstaller. Revo will remove Registry Entries safely!

OK! I uploaded a new screeny for Yamikotai, and for Mak213, it says to upgrade to 4 gigs lol, i am willing to do this but i know NOTHING about the guts of a laptop lol. I basically rebuilt my old desktop for my mom but i wouldn;t even know where to begin with a laptop, it says to upgrade to 4 with only
30$, thats not that much to my budget. Who/where can i can get this done professionally?

Yamikotai -> http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5451/bootup2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom