pencil in excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't have to go to format cells to add borders around your cells, use the following shortcut in your toolbar.
You idiot. :) That's a shortcut to Format Cells.

There ARE drawing tools in Excel. Go look for them (or visit the Office website). You can find all available functions under Tools->customize

yes but the drawing tools are for just that....drawing, not adding borders to the cells.....duh. now i admit i only have office 2000 but look at all the tool bars and tell me if you see a pencil and eraser......
a04cfd70.jpg

jaksback said:
you don't have to go to format cells to add borders around your cells, use the following shortcut in your toolbar. I still say there are no pencils in excel:
Clipboard02.jpg

lol yes there was.

Say you want to draw a maze in excel. It would take forever going to each cell and using that window. With the pencil you can quickly draw the borders in.

Am i the only one who has used a pencil in excel ?!!?!?!?!?

Found the tool you want!

In the Formatting toolbar, click on the arrow next to the icon that sets the border styles (the icon that looks like a four-square box where you can change the standard borders of a cell).

Choose Draw-Borders at the bottom of the drop-down list.

A little toolbar should appear, and your cursor should be a pencil now. You can pick your line types, etc, from the toolbar, and away you go!

I FOUND IT!!!

You all thought I was crazy. You all thought i belong in the loony bin. BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!!!

excel.jpg

(had to re-install)

ShoobieRat said:
Found the tool you want!

In the Formatting toolbar, click on the arrow next to the icon that sets the border styles (the icon that looks like a four-square box where you can change the standard borders of a cell).

Choose Draw-Borders at the bottom of the drop-down list.

A little toolbar should appear, and your cursor should be a pencil now. You can pick your line types, etc, from the toolbar, and away you go!

WOW, i found it jsut before you posted that.

ShoobieRat said:
And you found it after I pointed it out. :)

Heeheehee...

HAHAHA, i knew you were going to say that.

Well MR SHoobie, just look at the timestamp for the post and you'lll see that they are both 2:18pm. Now you are saying I was able to follow your direction, load up photoshop, copy and edit the pic, and add that semi-opaque layer, save teh file, upload it to my server, then post a reply ALL IN ZERO minutes??

If so, then I am really good :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom