Peerguardian replacement for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunulos

Baseband Member
Hi All,

Just like the title says... seeing as my fav peerguardian wont work on vista :(
are there any good replacements anyone can recommend to work with utorrent.

I was looking at protowall but that doesnt appear to work with vista either and azureus vuze seems too chunky. :freak:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

There is no replacement. You will just have to wait till they make PG compatible with Vista. Sorry.

The only option you really have. Is to use the lists and generate your own blocklist within uTorrent or Deluge.

If you dont want to do that have to wait...

I didnt realise utorrent had its own IP filter :eek: , im just after taking a look and i cant find this option. How do i go about doing this??

My bad. uTorrent doesnt have this function built into it. I know Deluge does though.

It can be. Make sure to turn off the advanced toolbar under the preferences to make it a bit more stable. ;)

I believe there is/was a successful running PG2 for Vista ( I currently have one running on mine and it works well as far as I can tell ) which I obtained by browsing through their forums. If I'm not mistaken this is a big thread about making on for Vista which is closed, and the last reply links to a new thread with the beta available for download. You might want to check their forums and do some searching, you might come up with what you're wanting.

can't you just use Azureus, remove the Vuze engine (Google it) and then get Safe Peer?

@TommyT: i saw a thread on peerguardian forums about that beta but there were alot of issues with it so i decided to try sommit else.

@Vernong: Azureus kept hanging when i tried to close it and i would have to restart it to get rid of the process, i didnt realise i could remove vuze though, i may give azureus a 2nd try without it, might help.

I googled utorrent and ipfilter and found i could get utorrent to filter ip's using an ipfilter.dat file µTorrent - The lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client - FAQ

I used bluetacks blocklist manager to output the file, so all i need is utorrent without anything else running, dont know how effective it is but its keeping me happy for the moment, i'll try it for a while

Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom