Peer Gaurdian

Status
Not open for further replies.

mconway0003

Baseband Member
i recently just installed peer gaurdian and my internet speed has been so slow that i cant access any pages. I have verified this because i disabled peer gaurdian and my internet access worked fine. does anyone know what the reason for this is?
thanks,
mc

could just be alot of bandwidth usage by the progam especially if you have slow connection speed such as dialup or low end broadband (256 k) which can drain many resources.

would you consider updating to a buisness cable connection. I currently have a standard cable connection?

depending on what you use the connection for if its for downloading alot and running games and servers then it it definetly worth the investment. but a faster connection defenetly would improve the overall speed of your downloading capability.

My guess is that it's your computer that's the bottleneck.

What peerguardin does is check every incoming packet's address and cross-checks it with a block list of IP's. If the ip is found on the block list, it drops the packet.

If you have an older computer this comparison operation could slow down your entire system, including accessing the internet.

could you post your system specs?

sure

Machine name: MARCUS
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Inspiron 4000
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A23
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~900MHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 213MB used, 404MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

I think that might be it.

When you are running peer guardin, open up the task manager and look at how much of the processor and how much ram pg.exe is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom