pdf's try to open in word

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendo007

Baseband Member
When i try to open pdf files on a new computer i recently got, the machine trys to open the files in Word. I chaned the file assications in the folder options in control panel but still have had no luck. when i actually open the adode reader and then go to file-open everything works fine. any ideas

Hello,

Try right clicking a PDF file, then Open With, then Choose Program... then find and select Adobe Acrobat Reader. If it's not in the list, click browse and locate the program in C:\Program Files\. Once you've highlighted the program, check the box below which says Always use the selected program to open this kind of file then click ok.

Open another PDF file and see which program is used.

pendo007 said:
When i try to open pdf files on a new computer i recently got, the machine trys to open the files in Word. I chaned the file assications in the folder options in control panel but still have had no luck. when i actually open the adode reader and then go to file-open everything works fine. any ideas

delete the pdf association here. then recreate it and only associate it with adobe. this way the other program can't reclaim it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom