PDF Manipulation: two pages of a book per page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
I have a PDF from my library, and I wanted to put it on an ereader. So I converted it to ePub, and the conversion was screwy because the book's pages are shown side by side. Like lets say you open a book, then take a picture of the two pages at once. The librarians do it because they're lazy. Is there any way I can like, split each PDF page down the middle and properly have all pages of the book? When converting to ePub from PDF, the lines from the left page would be combined with the lines from the right page.

I don't know where to ask :(

Do not bump your own topic less than 10 hours after creating it. We have a 24 hour window for such activities. There is no way to do what you want. Not unless you convert the PDF to image files and then use Photoshop to cut the images in half and then take them and put them in the order you want. Being a PDF file you dont have that kind of options to just cut half of the page off. Not even Acrobat has this ability.

Add into that, do you have the rights to do as you wish with this file? Do you have the rights to put it on a eBook Reader? Do you own the rights to the file in question? Just because you got it from the local Library doesnt mean you have the rights or permission of the owners of the copyrighted material to do such things.

Do not bump your own topic less than 10 hours after creating it. We have a 24 hour window for such activities. There is no way to do what you want. Not unless you convert the PDF to image files and then use Photoshop to cut the images in half and then take them and put them in the order you want. Being a PDF file you dont have that kind of options to just cut half of the page off. Not even Acrobat has this ability.

Add into that, do you have the rights to do as you wish with this file? Do you have the rights to put it on a eBook Reader? Do you own the rights to the file in question? Just because you got it from the local Library doesnt mean you have the rights or permission of the owners of the copyrighted material to do such things.

It's a public domain book that I couldn't find online.

Also, I found out I can use Apple's PDF viewing software to "crop" a page of the book. I think I can use Automator to do this to every page, and I guess I can have to versions of the same PDF, and on one I crop the right page off, and on the other I crop the left page off. I don't know if I can combine two PDFs into one the way I want to..

There has to be a way to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom