PC won't start help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leyton71

Beta member
PC: Comapaq Presario SR1151NX Win XP (approx 4 yrs old and out of warranty)

I don't know if that has anything to do with the service pack #3 that I had installed a few days ago. Last night I was had unplugged my pc and upon turning my pc back on I was getting this continuous reboot: options was to start in:

safe mode
safe mode without networking
Last know config
Start Normally

I tried starting back up in safe mode with no luck. I tried all other options as well with no luck. Being I couldn't do anything else I felt my next best option was to do a system restore. I started the system restore and we had a power interuption during it. Now when I started up the pc I got the error message NTLDR is missing hit - ALT Control - Del to restart - which brings me back to splash page (compaq) then I get same error message: NTLDR is missing. What I think happened during that power interuption files were lost. I don't have a restore disk because it was preloaded on the pc.

I called Compaq (HP) and asked if there was a restore disk that I could get. They are mailing one to me. My question is do you think the restore disk will repair anything that the power interuption caused? missing files? Is there anything I can do now to repair this without the restore disk? Will I have to change the boot sequence when I do get the disk? If so how should the sequence be?

Thx
Leyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom