PC Won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry speed reading got to me again. XD

That sounds like Safe Mode though. Safe Mode only has a black background with the words Safe Mode in the corners. So unless you are not getting the Start Menu then it is booting.

Try a Restore Point.

we all make mistakes mak213.

still no luck getting it to boot up. Can i do a system restore w/o getting into windows? it freezes on the safe mode as well, i can get into the F2 and F12 options if necessary though.

My links are for using the XP CD and the Recovery Console.

yeah, last night i was going to boot into command prompt to do a restore and that didn't work but i was able to get it to boot using the last known working configurations. And as soon as i got in i tried a restore that failed and wiped out all my restore points, but i went through Osiris's guide (which i live by and share w/ others) and then created a restore point afterwards. Seems to be working fine now. the Malware bytes program found like 19 infected objects, so that was prob the issue. Thanks for all the help and recommendations though.

Nate

yeah, last night i was going to boot into command prompt to do a restore and that didn't work but i was able to get it to boot using the last known working configurations. And as soon as i got in i tried a restore that failed and wiped out all my restore points, but i went through Osiris's guide (which i live by and share w/ others) and then created a restore point afterwards. Seems to be working fine now. the Malware bytes program found like 19 infected objects, so that was prob the issue. Thanks for all the help and recommendations though.

Nate

thats great news. thats fine where all here to help and learn new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom