PC Won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_N8

In Runtime
My desktop will show the dell screen and microsoft logo on boot then the screen goes black and i can only see the mouse arrow. It normally would go to the blue user login screen. I've restarted a couple times w/ no luck. Any ideas?? Thanks

Nate

I rebooted in safe mode and it still has the black screen but says safe mode in all four corners of the screen and the top overwrites the words safe mode w/ some of the system specs. other ideas?

A re-install should be the LAST thing tried.

Try a repair install. Try a Restore Point. Those should be your measures before a re-install. Have you been able to get into Safe Mode?

I rebooted in safe mode and it still has the black screen but says safe mode in all four corners of the screen and the top overwrites the words safe mode w/ some of the system specs. other ideas?

A re-install should be the LAST thing tried.

Try a repair install. Try a Restore Point. Those should be your measures before a re-install. Have you been able to get into Safe Mode?

sounds like he has but dosent sound to well.

Sorry speed reading got to me again. XD

That sounds like Safe Mode though. Safe Mode only has a black background with the words Safe Mode in the corners. So unless you are not getting the Start Menu then it is booting.

Try a Restore Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom