Pc Trying To Dump Data!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin

Baseband Member
Turned on my pc [running Windows XP] this evening and my computer was going to dump data...The pc went to a blue field with the following information:
VSDATANT.SYS [which is a driver for Zone labs firewall]
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
VSDATANT.SYS
ADDRESS EF659435
BASE EF659435
BASE AT EF62F000
DATESTAMP 4032AC07

What does this mean?? Any solitions to this situation would be VERY HELPFUL...BTW- My girlfriend had something similar to this happen to her pc at work [data dump] and they had to replace the hard drive....

Thanks ahead of time for your HELP!!!!!:D

UPDATE: I checked the pc for errors and this is what came up after scandisk did it's thing

CRITICAL ERROR:

BCCODE: 10000050 BCP1: FF80901C BCP2: 00000000 BCP3: EF6959435
BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 1_0 PRODUCT: 768_1

ERROR CONTENTS:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\mini031904-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO/WHAT/WHEN WHERE/WHY...I also ran my AV and no virus detected...ran my Hijack this program and nothing out of the ordinary shows up....HELP!!:mad:

I had a slightly similar problem, but it was with my NIC card.

This problem happens when some hardware or some software is incompatable or broken and RAM (physical memory) gets thrown out. It all depends on what error u get.

In ur case i would uninstall zonealarm and see what happens next.

If u want u can check out my post <- there is a good link that helped me

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

In ur case the file name VSDATANT.SYS suggests that the guilty application is Zone Alarm firewall. Try uninstalling it.

First and foremost thanks for the feedback!!! I ran scandisk again and checked off the option to fix the errors if found...scandisk corrected the error [which was zone alarm] and then I re booted and everything is a ok. I was going to uninstall zone alarm but since everything is running peachy I don't see why...unless you see a problem....I was on the pc all day today and everything is running at top speed...should I follow the golden rule of "do fix it if it aint broke?"......I guess it's like playing the lottery...sometimes a winner and sometimes...well u get the picture.....like I said earlier unless you see that there might be danger ahead.....if so could you give me some feedback..:eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom