PC running like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Lately my PC has been running terrible. Programs and stuff contantly freezes and goes not responding.. stuff just runs slow and screws up. I have no spyware/virus problems or anything and have not downloaded anything recently

Start>Run>MSCONFIG

After that comes up the Startup Tab. Check and make sure only the applications you want running on startup are running. Thats a starting point for ya.

After that get CCleaner and run that to clean out some garbage on your system.

CTRL+ALT+DEL>PROCCESES see how many you have running and whats using all your RAM and CPU up, also in MSCONFIG click on services and tick the "hide all microsft services" box and the list you are left with untick things you dont wish to run, mine are things like "ipodservice"...and crap like that..by doing both of these i manmaged to get 16-17 procceses idle. lso download Ccleaner:

free junk cleaner - http://www.ccleaner.com/
maybe try defrag your HDD, for that try O&O defrag free here - http://www.oo-software.com/en/download/ << that ones a trial
once youve done all this should be ok if still bad maybe try overclocking your CPU or RAM?

Re:

Hello,

As well as spyware, adware and virus scans...I would check your HDD for errors and defrag your drive as well if you haven't already done so.

If you don't know how, you can check your hard drive for errors by:

1. Going to My Computer.
2. Right clicking a drive and selecting Properties.
3. Clicking the Tools tab.
4. Click the Check Now button under error-checking.

The next time you start your PC, it will check that drive for errors. Do the same for any other partitions you have on your PC.

To perform a defrag:

1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Administrative Tools.
3. Expand Storage on the left.
4. Click on Disk Defragmenter.
5. Select a volume on the right and click the Analyze button below...

Defragment the volume if the analysis informs you that the drive needs defragging.

Follow these instructions carefully

Download ALL 11 programs and update if needed.

Ad Aware SE Personal Free

Ad-aware Messenger Service Plugin

Ad-Aware VX2 Cleaner Plug-In 2.0

Spybot Search and Destroy Free

Windows Defender 2 Beta

HijackThis

CWShredder

Ewido

CCleaner

Cleanup!

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel, Internet Options.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, Firewall, click apply, don¡¦t reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit". Make sure your antivirus and firewall are not checked.

Now run each Spyware program 1 by 1. Running all 3 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

Then run CCleaner „² make sure you run the Cleaner section of Windows and Applications and then the Registry Cleaner. Make a backup if you wish while running the Registry Cleaner when it asks you.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode.

Then run HiJackthis!

Save the log, copy and paste the log on www.techist.com
Do not attach the log, copy and paste always. This will make things go much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom