pc resets at random?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to check and see if your PSU is flacking out. not for lack of power, but for internal issues. I think that is what will be the issue for your machine. everythings else seems to be ok. is there a chance you can go get a replacement and see if the problem goes away?

I had the same problem with my system randomly rebooting. I done everything to fix the problem and it never worked. I had ran memtest and no errors came up. So as a last resort before RMA'n my PSU i stuck in the memory from my old system and it never rebooted again.. RMA'd the memory and stuck it in and worked fine.

So what im saying is try to put some different memory in it maybe see if that helps. I dont trust memtest anymore! I had it run for about an hour so maybe i didnt let it run long enough. And also check your memory voltages? Possibly not getting enough juice? Hope you get it fixed! good luck.

trouble is that becuase im running the newest system in the house its not compatible with the others until they upgrade, so i cant exchange components.

i was planning on getting some ocz ram soon so i'll move that to the top of the "to buy" list.

i've got alot of faith in my powersupply, inaris how can i check it out?

the system was able to run all nite no worries but when i woke and started doin stuff thats when the reset occured, ram is looking likely.

my ram is still under warranty is there a way to prove that its faulty where memtest isn't picking it up?

ugh...

i've only just powered it up from 2 days of neglect and already its doing the reset thing.

this time its playing audio thats causing it. was playing an mp3, comp reset. opened another and it made the comp reset again.

playing actual cd's make the machine lock up after a while rather than reset...

this is crazy............... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom