PC Random Blue screens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVEANT

Beta member
When using the PC sometimes out of know where the computer crashes and a blue screen appears saying some crap about an error. I will get a pic of it next time it happens. It happens at least once a day minimum. It has to be either a hardware or software program, I don't think it is hardware because i havn't really installed any new hardware but i have installed heaps of new software. I have installed Hijack this and done the spybot 2.0 scan heaps and it still blue screens and no virus or spyware or malware programs will stop it. Have any of you guys had this problem or know how i can fix it, apart from doing a backup of the whole PC and then re-installing windows XP and installing everything one by one and seeing what makes it crash. Doing it that way will take freaking ages because there's alot of info on the computer.

Hello,

Without that "crap" that the Blue Screen says. We can not help. That info is actually very useful. It tells us what caused teh crash which we can then use to tell you how to fix it.

So get us that information and we can help.

Cheers,
Mak

Like Mak said, that information will lead you/us to the source of your problem. Easiest way i would say to read the BSoD is to go into your system properties, then advanced, then startup and recovery and uncheck the automatic restart field. This way when you get the error message you can sit there, read it, and write it down for use to diagnose.

As for the reason, it could be a lot of things, but DO NOT count out hardware. Hardware fails from time to time even. Could be a bad sector on your RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom